TFcompare has been developed by Alvaro Sebastian Yague and Bruno Contreras Moreira and it is maintained at the Laboratory of Computational Biology (Zaragoza, Spain), which is supported by ARAID and CSIC.
TFcompare is part of the project Novel Knowledge Based Abiotic Stress Regulators (STREG) funded by the the 2008 Euro Research Program [EUI2008-03612].
If you use this resource we ask you to cite the following paper:
and to consider citing other relevant papers:
- Contreras-Moreira B. 3D-footprint: a database for the structural analysis of protein-DNA complexes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010 Jan;38(Database issue):D91-7. [Pubmed]
- Contreras-Moreira B, Branger PA, Collado-Vides J. TFmodeller: comparative modelling of protein-DNA complexes. Bioinformatics. 2007 Jul 1; 23(13):1694-6. [Pubmed]
- Angarica VE, Pérez AG, Vasconcelos AT, Collado-Vides J, Contreras-Moreira B. Prediction of TF target sites based on atomistic models of protein-DNA complexes. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008 Oct 16; 9:436. [Pubmed]
- Morozov AV, Siggia ED. Connecting protein structure with predictions of regulatory sites. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Apr 24; 104(17):7068-73. [Pubmed]
- Contreras-Moreira B, Sancho J, Angarica VE. Comparison of DNA binding across protein superfamilies. Proteins. 2010 Jan; 78(1):52-62. [Pubmed]
Should you have any questions regarding TFcompare, please get in touch at compbioeead.csic.es
This service is available AS IS and at your own risk. EEAD/CSIC do not give any representation or warranty nor assume any liability or responsibility for the service or the results posted (whether as to their accuracy, completeness, quality or otherwise). Access to the service is available free of charge for ordinary use in the course of research.